Huddersfield Taekwondo Club was established in 2007 by Master Mosy, 5th Dan instructor. The club expanded so rapidly that, by February 2010 the club leased its own centre and proceeded to fully equip it for martial arts. In October 2011, the club was rebranded as Premier Taekwondo. The club continued to expand and opened branches in surrounding areas of Huddersfield, as well as branches in Leeds, Liverpool and London.
As a club, we are governed by the National Governing Body for Taekwondo in the UK: British Taekwondo.This allows us to be regulated and makes sure we conform to standards set out by the World Taekwondo Federation.
The Local Community
We are proud to work very closely with the local council, schools and other educational institutions to provide after school clubs for children. Our philosophy that ‘every child matters. holds strong throughout our club and we believe that every child should have a chance to train in Taekwondo. The club is run as a non-profit organisation to allow us to keep fees to a minimum and make classes accessible to as many people as possible.
Taekwondo is taught from the very basic level, right through to Olympic standard at our clubs. There is a class for everyone. These include Lil’ Dragons, for mini Olympic Champions in the making, self-defence classes, adult classes and the very popular sparring classes.
The club has helped many students achieve Black Belt status and leads by example, teaching that, with hard work and dedication you can achieve your goals. This hard work and dedication, from both students and coaches, has led to the club producing Taekwondo Champions, of all ages, both nationally and internationally.
The club’s success is noted by the many awards and accreditations it has received.
- Kirklees Community Sports Club of the Year 2016.http://htafccommercial.com/news/successful-kcsa-awards-night-2016/
- Clubmark Status. (Premier Taekwondo was the first taekwondo club in England to achieve this status under the revamped system in December 2016).https://www.sportenglandclubmatters.com/premier-taekwondo-recommends-clubmark/
- GB Taekwondo Talent Club Status 2016. http://www.gbtaekwondo.co.uk/talent-pathway/talent-clubs/premier-taekwondo/
- Awarded 5* Child Safeguarding Certification.
- Nominated for 2016 Child Protection in Sports Unit.
So, why not come and have a go? Taekwondo can help improve your confidence, fitness, flexibility and most importantly it’s fun and enjoyable. Whether you are an experienced martial artist or new to the sport, you are always welcome at Premier Taekwondo.