About the programme
More advanced techniques, fitness and skills for green belt and above
Advance classes are the next step in moving up from the foundation level; these sessions are for 6th KUP (Green Belt) and above. These sessions contain more advanced techniques, fitness and skills compared to our Foundation Taekwondo and lessons are increased to one and a half hours.
More About Our Advanced Class
Students use full body armour during these sessions and full contact is made on some occasions. It is a very controlled environment when contact is made, and instructors and assistants are close at hand to guide students on the art of sparring. These sessions are more disciplined compared to our Foundation Taekwondo sessions, with the element of fun still being present.
A higher level of fitness and agility is now expected and students in these classes begin to work through the higher belt system, learning more complex patterns and skills and getting closer and closer to achieving their Black Belt and beyond.
We recommend that students train at least twice a week in the advanced classes as the level of understanding required to learn new skills intensifies. Instructors now begin to assess the motivation, commitment and skills of students to enable them to select members for the clubs’ competition teams. It is from this point that students are encouraged to participate in competitions by joining the clubs’ ELITE FIGHT TEAM by invitation. Students are also supported to attend seminars and start preparing for their big goal: their black belt. Our aim for Advance Taekwondo classes is to achieve the student’s goals and help them to develop a deeper understanding of the sport. If you don’t give up, you will be a BLACK BELT!
What does it take to become a black belt?
- For every 10,000 students that join a Martial Arts Academy. HALF will drop out within the first 6 months.
- Of those remaining students, about 1,000 will complete 1 year of training and then quit. 500 will study for 2 years, but only 100 will see their 3rd anniversary.
- On average ONLY 10 will make 1st Degree Black Belt. Usually, only 1 or 2 will make it to 2nd Degree Black Belt
- 1 shall go on to teach others what he/she has learnt, for the Martial Art is now a part of their life and they shall go on to share this life with others.
- This person is a Black Belt! This person is 1 in 10,000.